Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Infographics as a Form of Curation

On 13 December, a SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines on "Developing Metaliterate Learners: Transforming Literacy across Disciplines" was held. Paige Jaeger summarized the proceedings by creating this infographic:



This got me to rethink my fascination with Infographics. While I DO love to write, as you've noticed if you've slogged through my previous posts, I appreciate the value of an image. It's not just that "a picture is worth a thousand words". An image 'sticks' in a way that words alone can't. Jaeger's visual summary 'resonates': like the lyrics to a favorite song, like the refrain from a tune. [If only I could turn my spreadsheets of data into something memorable like this!] 

SOURCE:

Jaeger, Paige. "Metaliteracy, Megaliteracy and Information Literacy! " LibraryDoor. N.p., 17 Dec. 2013. Web. 15 Jan. 2014. <http://librarydoor.blogspot.com/2013/12/metaliteracy-megaliteracy-and.html>.

1 comment:

  1. Just saw that 4 videos from the event are available:
    http://bit.ly/1hG3cs1
    #Metaliteracy

    ReplyDelete